A career in banking is not only secure and stable but also quite lucrative.Candidates have to surmount various difficulty levels to get selected in the final merit list.There are around 22 banking exams in India.These banking exams vary according to the post you are applying for.The list ofbanking exams conducted by top banks in India to secure abankingcareer is as follows.
- IBPS Exams
Institute of Banking And Personnel Selection is an autonomous body that conductsrecruitment exams for all public sector banks in India.Exams for various posts and profile are as follows –
- IBPS PO exam -The IBPS PO exam is conducted in three stages namely, preliminary,mains, and interview.The preliminary exam includes tests in English language,numerical ability, and reasoning.The Mains include tests in computer aptitude and reasoning,economic awareness etc.,
- IBPS clerk exam -Just like Probationary officers’ exams, this exam is conducted in three sections, namely preliminary,mains, and interview to test your abilities.Candidate must clear all three levels of the exam and must get the minimum percentage of marks to appear in the merit list.
- SBI exam
SBI, being a reputed public sector bank,conducts the following exams on its own.
- SBI PO exam – SBI PO exams consist of preliminary, mains, and interview.The preliminary exam tests knowledge of English language, numerical ability, and reasoning.Mains has two sections, namely subjective and objective, to test writingskills,computer aptitude, and reasoning abilities.This is followed bya group interview to finalize the merit list.
- SBI Clerk exam -SBI clerk exams are similar to that of PO exams having three sections, namely preliminary, mains, and interview.
- RBI exam
Reserve Bank of India is the most prestigious financial institution inthe country. It is abank to the Indian government. Serving this bank is a matter of great pride.Following
are the exams conducted by RBI
- RBI Grade ‘B’ officer exam – This exam consists of preliminary,mains, and interview.You have to clear all three levels.
- RBI Assistant exam – The exam consists of preliminary and mains;both of them have to be cleared.To reach the final level, you have to appear for the language proficiency test conducted in thestate’sofficial language.Depending on the scores in all three exams,the final merit list is prepared.
- NABARD exam for grade‘A’ officer
The exam consists of preliminary mains and interview round.Candidates who clear prelims are eligible for mains.The final stage is the interview round.Merit list is prepared based on the aggregate score in mains and interview stages.
- IDBI exam for special cadre officer
The exam consists of two stages of online test and interview. The final round consists of an interview.
Even though many candidates apply for these exams, only a few can make it to the final merit list and get selected.Many candidates attend various courses such astally accounting, sales and banking while preparing for these exams. These courses help them secure lucrative jobs in government or private banks.
We hope this list of top bank exams in India, helps you get an idea about the banking sector opportunities.